Sunday, May 16, 2010

Happy Retirement for a Friend

A colleague of mine will be retiring this month and I wanted to make a special card for her.  She has worked hard for many years and deserves only the best as she starts this next chapter in her life.  I tried to make this card representative of a place I would like to go to relax and retire myself.  I used the Tropical Party stamp set from the Summer Mini catalog.  For the varigated background, I sponged layers of color across Whisper White cardstock.  I framed it with the negative image left over when using the Top Note die in my Big Shot.  The palms on the trees are popped up with Stampin' Dimensionals and the flower was made with 3 punches from the Boho Blossoms flower punch. 


Here is a close-up of the card:

Supplies
Stamps:  Tropical Party, Rough Type
Cardstock:  Rich Razzleberry, Bashful Blue, Whisper White, Summer Sun
Ink:  Old Olive, Rich Razzleberry, Ruby Red, Summer Sun, Pumpkin Pie Classic Ink; Old Olive, Soft Suede Stampin' Write Markers
Accessories:  Linen Thread, Mat Pack, Paper Piercer, Stampin' Dimensionals, Boho Blossom Punch, Modern Label Punch, Big Shot, Top Note Die, Stampin' Sponges

And here is the inside featuring a sentiment stamp that is now retired (how ironic is that!?):


No comments: