Thursday, April 15, 2010

Whoo-Hoo! I met Shelli!

Here I am with Shelli Gardner, co-founder and CEO of Stampin' Up!  I had the privledge of meeting her at one of the "Workshop of a Lifetime" events held right here in Bloomington, Illinois!  My cyber-friend and fellow demonstrator April Jackson was one of the lucky winners of this company challenge and was gracious enough to invite me to the "Meet & Greet" with Shelli tonight.  While April was telling us about her passion for stamping and papercrafting, Shelli even sat next to me at the table!  She was so nice and really "down-to-earth". 


It was great to finally meet April in person, too!  She is a very enthusiastic lady and I'm so happy for her---having accomplished the recruiting challenge and receiving this awesome reward!  Below is a card I made just for April to congratulate her on winning the workshop with Shelli.  To make the flower, I punched the flowers out of Melon Mambo using the Boho Blossoms Punch.  I used the bone folder to break down the fibers in the paper punches and peeled the layers apart, much like the faux suede technique.  I squished the flowers up and layered them using glue dots.  I think it looks really cool.... kind of like a carnation!

Supplies
Stamps:  Tote-ally Tess
Cardstock:  Very Vanilla, Melon Mambo, Basic Black
Ink:  Basic Brown, Basic Black, Melon Mambo, Not Quite Navy, Chocolate Chip, Soft Suede; Pretty in Pink Stampin' Write Marker
Accessories:  Melon Mambo Polka Dot Grosgrain Ribbon, Pinking Hearts Punch, Boho Blossoms Punch, Blender Pen, Bone Folder, Glue Dots, Stampin' Dimensionals

No comments: