Saturday, September 12, 2009

Holiday Inspiration

Here is a card to get you in the Holiday mood!  It features old olive, chocolate chip, and naturals ivory cardstock and images from new stamp sets in the 2009 - 2010 Stampin' Up Catalog & Idea Book (see link to the right).  The central image featuring the cardinal is from the Level 1 hostess set Holiday Best.  The background layer was stamped with an image from the new set Autumn Days.  For the pinecone images I used the technique where I colored directly onto the rubber with my Stampin' Write markers and "huffed" on the stamp to moisten it before applying the image to the cardstock.  For the "Merry Christmas" stamp, I first applied old olive ink to the entire image.  Then I used a blender pen to remove the old olive ink from the cardinal and "Merry Christmas" portions of the rubber image.  I used a real red Stampin' Write marker to color these two portions of the stamp and "huffed" on the image before stamping it onto the cardstock.  This image was then punched out using the wide oval punch.  I paper pierced the chocolate chip cardstock strip with the template from my mat pack and used the slit punch on the corners of the old olive layer so that the pinecone background piece would slide in and give the appearance of photo corners.  Other accents I used to embellish this card were gold brads and real red 1/4" grosgrain ribbon.
I hope this card has inspired you to start thinking about the upcoming holidays.  Let me know if you are interested in purchasing supplies to make your own Christmas cards!  Or, if you are like me and want it ALL... you can have a workshop and earn FREE products! 
Sue

No comments: