Saturday, November 28, 2009

Sharing More Christmas Inspiration

I want to continue sharing the Christmas cards I created based upon the ideas of some very talented ladies.  First up is a simple yet elegant card featuring the Frost White Shimmer Paint, Delightful Decorations, and the new ornament punch, all of which are still available until January 4, 2010 in the Stampin' Up Holiday Mini Catalog.  I found the original card here, created by Kim Lampone.  Her technique sounded simple and yielded an elegant result!  I applied Serene Snowflakes using a sponge dauber and frost white shimmer paint, per Kim's directions.  As you can see, with four different ornament stamps to choose from you can make four different cards.  I love how the shimmer showed up in the photograph!




Supplies
Stamps:  Serene Snowflakes, Delightful Decorations, All Holidays
Cardstock:  Whisper White, Real Red
Ink:  Real Red
Accessories:  Frost White Shimmer Paint, Sponge Dauber, Silver Cord, Stampin' Dimensionals, Glue Dots



This next card is extremely simple to make and yet looks quite elegant, thanks to Stampin' Up's Christmas Cocoa Designer Series Paper!  My inspiration came from a card created by Karin Menghini which you can view here.    I changed my card just a bit by incorporating the new ornament punch, silver cord, and the pretty organza ribbon.  Did you notice that the greeting in the ornament is not part of the stamp set Delightful Decorations?  I found that this greeting from All Holidays fits perfectly inside the ornament punch.  I felt that the simple yet elegant font of the "Peace, Love, Joy" stamp complemented the beautiful flocked paper.


                Supplies
Stamps:  All Holidays
Cardstock:  Whisper White, Christmas Cocoa Designer Series Paper
Ink:  Real Red
Accessories:  Ornament Punch, White Organza Ribbon, Silver Cord, Stampin' Dimensionals

More inspiration tomorrow!

Sue

No comments: