Monday, August 24, 2009

A Yummy Recipe for You!

This is the 6x6" page I made for a recipe swap at the recent Stampin' Up convention I attended in Salt Lake City, Utah. This is one of the easiest recipes I've ever used and it tastes yummy, too! The original recipe is from a cookbook my mom bought for me years ago called How to Boil Water. As you can see, I used several Stampin' Up punches to create the various elements of this recipe page. The "potholder" is made from the large heart punch cut and the thumb is made from one of the small hearts folded in half from the Heart to Heart punch. The silverware was trickier to create. I started with a strip of basic gray cardstock that was 1/4" wide. I made the curves on the sides by using the edge of the Curly Label punch. After trimming the length of the strip I finished the fork by punching the center of the end with the horizontal slot punch and the knife by using the corner rounder punch. I think it turned out pretty cool! I hope you enjoy the recipe!
Sue

No comments: