Thursday, August 27, 2009

A Technique Card to Share...

Here is a "technique" card I made for a swap at this years Stampin' Up convention. The primary "technique" I used to create this card is called "faux suede". The black strip in the center of the card with the spider web image and the white pieces were all "faux suede". This technique is fairly simple to do. I cut a piece of cardstock and then I used my bone folder to curl it in every direction until the edges of the cardstock looked as if it could be peeled apart. When you pull the two edges apart, the "inside" part of the cardstock feels soft like suede!

The other "technique" I used on this card is heat embossing for the ghost image. This stamp is called Little Boo and is one of the "under $10" stamps featured on page 208 of the 2009-2010 Stampin Up Idea Book and Catalog. The stamps featured on this page are a great value when you don't want to purchase a stamp set! The other stamps I used to make this card were the Web wheel and the letter "o" from the Jumble Alphabet. For the white web piece, I punched out a circle and then went around it with the slit punch.

Sue

No comments: