Monday, August 29, 2011

Turtle & Co.

My cousin has been through a lot in the past two years.  She has valiantly been battling an aggressive type of cancer and most recently had an accident on her bicycle in which she fractured her pelvis.  I wanted to make her a card that would cheer her up despite all that she is going through right now and thought that this little fellow might do the trick. 
As you can see, I copied the basic idea for Mr. Turtle's predicament from the sample on page 16 in the new 2011-2012 Stampin' Up Idea Book and Catalog.  However, I didn't want a bunch of flowers on this card, so I made it more of a clean and simple layout.  I used bits of bright colors on top of the neutral Crumb Cake background which I had stamped using the Sandy Speckles standard wheel.  The  Scallop Edge Border Punch was used on layers of Tempting Turquoise and Tangerine Tango to mimic waves at the beach.
Just a reminder that the stamp set Turtle & Co. is an exclusive stamp set designed by Stampin' Up to help raise money for the Ronald McDonald House Charities?   For every Turtle & Co. stamp set purchased, Stampin' Up will donate $3 to RMHC!

Stamps:  Turtle & Co., Sandy Speckles Wheel
Ink:  Lucky Limeade, Daffodil Delight, Basic Black, Tangerine Tango, Crumb Cake
Cardstock:  Crumb Cake, Whisper White, Tangerine Tango, Tempting Turquoise
Accessories:  1/4" Circle Punch, 1/2" Circle Punch, Scallop Trim Border Punch, 1/8" Daffodil Delight Taffeta Ribbon, Stampin' Dimensionals

 

5 comments:

Paula said...

Love this turtle! Great card and best wishes for your cousin.

Yapha said...

Super cute card! I love how you used the tag!

Shelley Z said...

Cute card! Gotta love that turtle! I'll be praying for your cousin. What a tough battle!

beth rush said...

cute card! love the turtle. this is a great set!

Amanda Mertz said...

Very Cute! I like the scallops at the bottom of the tag. My son is starting kindergarten this fall and his teacher's last name is Blankenship! Any relative in Richmond?? =) Thanks for sharing! Hope your cousin is feeling better!