Monday, July 25, 2011

Purples and Pearls

Have you noticed all of the pennants and flags featured in the samples in the 2011-2012 Stampin' Up Idea Book & Catalog?  Well, I decided to try my hand at making a card with the notched pennant accent.  I am loving the color combo of Concord Crush and Wisteria Wonder, accented with Lucky Limeade!  Once I had picked out the color scheme and stamp images, I knew that the card background needed something special to do the pennant and tag justice.  So I got out my Big Shot and chose the Elegant Lines Textured Impressions Embossing Folder.  Can you hear me "Oooooh" and "Aaaaah" as I looked at the result!?!  I had seen others add the Basic Pearls to the small circle impressions.  I couldn't believe how easy these embellishments were to work with and they really added the "PoP" I was looking for!

Stamps:  Clearly For You
Ink:  Lucky Limeade, Wisteria Wonder
Cardstock:  Concord Crush, Wisteria Wonder, Lucky Limeade, Naturals White
Accessories:  Big Shot, Elegant Lines Textured Impressions Embossing Folder, Decorative Label Punch, Scallop Oval Punch, Large Oval Punch, Scallop Trim Border Punch, 5/8" Very Vanilla Satin Ribbon, Basic Pearls, Stampin' Sponge


I think I'll probably send this card to my aunt in Florida for her birthday next month.  She loves "purple" and the bird image on the tag looks like he would live down there.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such nice touches with the layered punches and pearls. tFS!

Heidi Baks said...

Very elegant and royal!

Cindy said...

Love all the layers, very nice!!!

Yapha said...

What a great combination of colors and textures! Gorgeous!

Mickey Roberts said...

Love the simple, but elegant, design of this card.

Sara Mattson-Blume said...

THe purple is perfect with the embossing folder and the flag part!